Re: Panasonic PowerDrive2 LF-1000

On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Roleigh Martin wrote:

> Where did  you see this ad?  Is it considered a recording  CD ROM?

NY Times, a couple of days ago. And I was trying to find out whether
people out here had any experience with it. Considering that it is a 4X
CD-ROM drive AND an optical drive all in one (according to the specs on
the ad, the rewritable optical disk has a 650MB capacity), I think the
price is not that expensive... Well, sort of, but convenience also has a
price, right? My main question is whether it could perhaps read the
optical disks that we're now using in the lab (I doubt it, but one can
always dream); there shouldn't be too much problem with drivers... For
those of us still without a CD-ROM and a good backup system at home, this
seemed like the perfect alternative...

I tried to call the company (RCsometing, 212-949-6935 - no 800 number
that I know of), but the call got misdirected and I haven't had the time
to try again.

Paulo
--
Paulo Magalhaes  *  Dept. Neurology, Columbia University, New York, USA
voice: (+1 212) 305 1665  **  fax: ... 305 3986  **  pm119@columbia.edu