Re: TrackPoint II drifting

I had an extreme trackpoint drifting problem a couple of weeks ago.
Mine started drifting totally out of control to the point
where 9/10 times, I was getting an error on reboot which made
the pad totally inoperable.

When I sent the pad in for service, they replaced the trackpoint
with a cat's paw one, sent an accompanying letter saying they
had discovered a problem with the trackpoints, and since I was
still under warranty, or the problem was theirs, I'm not sure which,
I was not charged.

If for any of you the problem won't go away or looks as if it's
getting worse, I highly recommend scheduling the repair at a convenient
time, rather than waiting until you have no choice!

Gen

Genevieve Cerf
Advanced Speech Systems
NYNEX Science & Technology