Re: Partition Problems w/ 810mb HD

Michael, you say that older smaller drives have more honest labels, but
why should you think that the peculoiar computer use of mega-byte which
is a misuse of a prefix with centuries of precedent is more honest. I
personally prefer the reversion to the standard use of mega for disks.
That's because the "small" discrepancy between 1024 and 1000 becomes
larger and hard to figure for multi-gigabyte disks.

Real data use is related to the real world, for example, if I have a
document that is a million characters long, it needs a million characters
of disk storage, not a megabyte in the "wrong" computer sense.

I find the claim that this is deliberately deceptive to be without
foundation!