Question of someone w/ Dock II

   Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 20:02:45 -0400
   From: "Derek V. Chan" <dchan@cybercom.net>

   >Hmmm..what kind of configuration do you have and what jumper setting (dual
   >master/slave, etc...) on the caviar did you use?  I'm using an IBM
   >Thinkpad 750C w/ the dock ii...latest system revision...

I set up the caviar as dual slave; I've got a 755C.

   I'm also using the caviar 1280....does the thinkpad just recognize the large
   hard drive w/out a bios upgrade?  i.e. you just plug in the hd and play?

I am running BIOS 1.15, which is pretty recent -- I think some of the
older BIOS versions won't recognize EIDE drives.  With this
configuration, I just set the jumper on the caviar to dual slave,
plugged in the drive, and rebooted -- and the drive was recognized.