Why not the long cord?

I just opened the box containing one of the small, lightweight AC adapters
for the 755, and in it there was an "instruction manual", actually one small
sheet of paper, with a picture of the adapter, a picture of a long AC cord,
and a picture of the short AC cord that comes with the adapter.  There was
one of those circles with a slant thru it (indicating "don't do this")
printed over the picture of the long AC cord.  Anybody know why you
shouldn't use a long cord with the AC adapter?  Not that I particularly want
to, but I'm curious as to why they'd go to the trouble to tell you not to do it.

David