Re: recharing and batteries

note that, unlike some other laptops, the batteries in the Thinkpad are
NOT "constantly charging", they only charge when they get down to 90%.
It takes FAR longer for them to degrade to this level of charge than it
does to top them up, so only a very small fraction of the time are they
actually charging.

That's why I think the literature that suggests that constant charging may
be harmful may not be relevant.

When I had a TP using a Nicad, I left one (out of five) batteries constantly
plugged in, and did not see any degradation compared to the other four. In
fact it was one of the other four that mysteriously conked out.