DOCK 2; from thread: re: IBM's new charger

>>On Sat, 26 Aug 95, "Joe.Bormel" <joe.bormel@palmtop.com> wrote:
>>
>>>What 'must have' items do people recommend for the DOCK II?
>>
>>Do you have the Dock II?  I just bought one and haven't installed
>>it yet with my 755Cx.  I only must have item for me would be the
>>"shelf unit" which covers the Dock II (makes it look more like a
>>desktop system and supports an external monitor).  I'd like to
>>compare notes with you if you're using a Dock II.

I just got mine (DOCK 2) to facilitate loading CD-ROM software and to
open up connectivity via ISA slots and SCSI.  I have loaded Win95
and Plus using it.  I've got so much new stuff (and a new job)
that I haven't had time to figure out how to exploit it, YET!

I have a Syquest drive that I use thru a parallel port SCSI that
I'd like to connect.  I need the cable to connect the external
scsi of the dock to a real scsi-2 connector and its not clear where
or how to order this cable.  I admit that I haven't RTFM.

Can we put cheap IDE drives in dock2?  Do we need to tie up
an ISA slot to do it and are there special settings to avoid
conflict with the C: drive's controller?

All this stuff will have to wait till I get Mwave working in
win95.  I think it's just upgrading to the >16 Meg Mwave driver
support, but I'm not there yet.  I'm also getting "Error writing
to drive C:" messages despite daily scandisk runs.  Could be
a flakey drive, a flakey new operating system, a flakey connection,
etc.  These will need to be fixed before DOCK 2 play.

Joe
      ____________________________________/\\__________________
     | | Joe Bormel                  ooOO-(_)-OOoo               |
 \     | Reston, VA 22091  __|__     E: joe.bormel@palmtop.com   |     /
  \    | (703) 758-9277 --o-(_)-o--                              |    /
  __|__    3     3     3     o     3     3     3      __|__ |
    |   D      D      D      O      D      D      D     |