Re: 3Com PCMCIA Card Promo

On Fri, 18 Aug 1995 Tim.z.h.v.f.r.Vetter@ubs.com wrote:

> St'ephane Eranian wrote:
>
> > Can you give me some more information. For which model of Card is it ?
> > Is it still valid ? How can I order from France ?
>
> I don't quite remember the model of the card ... 3C7509 or something like that.
> Anyway, I can relate my experience on ordering the same card from
> Germany last year.  The promo was only being run out of the US HQ,
> but they had no objections to shipping overseas to anyone with a valid
> credit card.  However, because you can't normally dial a US 1-800 number
> from continental Europe, I had to call the normal (non-toll-free) corporate
> switchboard number and navigate through a maze of people who knew
> nothing about the deal, until finally I ended up with someone at the
> Promotions Department who took my order.  Maybe this will save you
> a bit of time.  (Sorry, don't have the corporate HQ number anymore, but
> you should be able to get it from a US computer magazine).

Or, you could fax to the promo dept directly (I just ordered one, got #
while I was on the phone w/ them.... you all owe me big. <grin> send me
some non-american beer.)
Fax: 319-369-5833

Provide them with:

Name
Company name
Address
City/state/country/zip|postal code
Phone number
fax number
credit card info (including experation) or purchase order info.

 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage Slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton