flight simulator/vesa/TP755CSE

I have a thinkpad 755CSE with that well known business graphics application -
Microsoft Flight Simulator V5.0. Works fine in VGA mode and sound is superb.

When I try and configure FS5 to be SVGA it asks what vidoeboard I have, thee
are about 5 choices, things like VESA 1.2, Trident, TSENG etc. If I select
VESA 1.2 the screen goes to junk and the game won't run.

So I called IBM, they say the VESA is in the hardware, but is 1.01 and not 1.2
compatible. So I looked at the Microsoft knowledge base to see if they have
any drivers for the Western Digital chip that used in the TP755s. No joy.

Anybody got FS5/SVGA working on a thinkpad? I'm going to cross post this
to the flight-sim newsgroup and will send out an answer later.

	Thanks ! Simon
/// Simon Maufe                          ||| MAUFE@TWEETY.DIGSYS.COM          //
/// Daugherty Systems                    ||| 314-432-8200 office              //
/// St Louis                             ||| 314-257-8018 home                //
///                                      ||| 314-694-3207 client office       //
/// All opinions and thoughts are mine and not those of my employer or client /
/// Use anything in here at your own risk                                   \\\