Color hand-scanner suggestions?

  I need to get a color hand-scanner in the next couple of weeks.  As nice as
flatbed scanners are, I need to be able to take the scanner and my TP755CX
with me when travelling and/or going to library to use reserve materials.

  My planned use is scanning pictures and tables/charts for inclusion into
reports and presentation materials.  I'll be using CorelDRAW! 4, Freelance
Graphics, & AmiPro under Win95.  Although I might do a little bit of OCR, it
is not a priority.

  I'd appreciate any suggestions or experiences people have with portable
hand-scanners.  Is it worth it to go with PCMCIA rather than parallel?

  Thanks.

--
 Lew Jansen                        Systems Manager, High Energy Physics Theory
 lrj@hepth.cornell.edu     233 Newman Lab, Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853