RE: HD > 528M in a 755Cs

RE: > What should I do regarding 32-bit disk access, specifically the
> wdctrl  driver?
> From: Jeffrey Fayne   fayne@mcs.com

I quote from the IBM announcement letter I got from Compuserve:

"IBM ThinkPad Windows(*) 32-Bit Disk Access Device Driver
                             Ver 1.00     Dec. 27, 1994

What This Diskette Does
 -----------------------

This diskette installs the Thinkpad Windows 32-Bit Disk Access Device
Driver onto your hard disk.

Windows 32-Bit Disk Access improves system performance when
transferring data to and from the internal hard disk.  This driver
allows you to use 32-Bit Disk Access on ThinkPad 355/360/750/755
systems with hard disks larger than 528MB."

**** You can get it yourself from  (TPDISK32.EXE)
     the IBM BBS, 919 517-0001
     Compuserve GO THINKPAD, or
     FTP://ftp.pcco.ibm.com  /pub/mobiles

**** ALSO, if you are planning to upgrade to WIN-95, I highly recommend
getting the  latest BIOS upgrade, V1.20.

"IBM ThinkPad 355/360/750/755C/755Cs
System Program Service Diskette Ver 1.20                     July 11, 1995

What This Diskette Does
 -----------------------

This System Program Service diskette updates the system program stored
in ROM of the following ThinkPad models:
   - ThinkPad 355, 355Cs, 355C.
   - ThinkPad 360, 360C, 360P, 360PE, 360Cs, 360CE and 360CSE.
   - ThinkPad 750, 750C, 750P, 750Cs and 750Ce
   - ThinkPad 755C and 755Cs
If you are experiencing one of the problems listed in the following
Summary of Problem Fixes section, please follow the instructions given
in the Updating System Programs section below to update the system program
of your ThinkPad 355/360/750/755 family computer.

Summary of new function support

Release Version
Version 1.20                    Add support for WIN95 plug and play
function"

The file name is SYTPS120.EXE

Timothy Nelson
Chief Scientist, SHL Systemhouse Corp.