Re: TP755 Pentium Upgrade Kit

> Wait, I thought it wasn't user-installable....?

The upgrade is sold in two different versions:

1. You buy it, and send your TP to IBM. They will install the upgrade and
   will return the upgraded machine back to you.

2. You buy the upgrade, and it is shipped to you. Once you receive it, you'll
   call the EasyServe (IBM Service) and a technician will come and install
   it in your TP.

I chose method 2... The cost was about $100 more. (It took the tech only about
2 hours. Also, as part of the upgrade package shipped from IBM, I got a great
document on how to disassemble the darn thing!)

--
| Mehdi Attaran     mehdi@armon.rain.com     ..!uunet!m2xenix!armon!mehdi |
|                   Data: (503) 642-3270     Voice: (503) 649-0719        |