MWAVE modem and WFW hanging

Greetings,

        Has anybody run into this?  I have the latest (1.1) version of the
MWAVE modem 14kbps, and when running under WFW, it hangs when doing high
volume work (such as a Kermit transfer, or more likely a large FTP or POP
session over ppp).  I have used Dynacomm (terminal emulator), Windows
terminal, and PCNFS-Pro (ppp link).  Does anybody have any suggestions?

        Regards,
        -=Chris

                              /             Chris Swanson <cds@ssds.com>
    ____  /  ____  /   /__/ /  ____  /      8400 Normandale Lake Blvd #993
  _______/ _______/ _______/ _______/       Bloomington, MN  55473
  business driven technology solutions.     (612) 888-4045 FAX (612) 888-4066