Re: adapters

	its good to keep in mind that - assuming you have a 100/110-220/240 AC adapter,
	if you cannot find a plug adapter you can always buy a power cord in the
	country you are visiting. i think the end that goes into the adapter is world
	standard; the plug end is localized to the country.  more expensive than a
	plug adapter usually, and more troublesome to carry, but it will work.

This is my preference.  In my experience, adaptors tend to protrude a long
way from the socket, and, certainly with the UK plug in the back (which for
those who don't know is not one of the most compact in the world :-), the
whole assembly threatens to pull itself out by its own weight.