OS/2, WIN95 and THinkpads

"This discussion is better suited to an advocacy newsgroup"

For those who like to discuss this sort of thing, the comp.os.os2.advocacy
newsgroup has hundreds of messages a day on this subject, and is indeed
probably a better place for this discussion. As I said earlier, what I
think we should concentrate on is availability of stuff for the Thinkpad.

It is clear that there was some packaging difficulties in the 755C? series.
When I bought a 755CD, it still said there were diskettes in the package,
and there were no diskettes present. In fact IBM had decided to switch to
the diskette factory approach, but had not updated their documentatoin. It
took dozens of calls to my resweller and to IBM (several people at IBM were
sure that diskettes should be inlcuded) until we finally figured it out.

Similarly the failure to include the critical book on how to install Warp on
the thinkpad was a real problem on the CD (it was only when I bought my CX
that I found out about this, since it was included in the CX, as was a full
description of the diskette factory).