755CX and WFWG 3.11 - HELPPPPPPP!

It's days like today that make me want to sell all of my
computers and never look at another one again.  ;-(

I would really appreciate some help.  I'm want to install
WFWG 3.11 on my new 755CX (I'm in the process of setting
up a wireless LAN), but the ThinkPad didn't like it.

Since Windows 3.1 is already loaded, I tried loading WFWG
"add-on" over 3.1 (which is the normal way to do this), and
I'm getting various error messages, can't complete setup,
and can't get Windows to load at all now.

Is there some magic to doing this?  I figured loading WFWG
over 3.1 would help keep the Mwave and display drivers working.

If I dump all of IBM's original Windows stuff and reload 3.1
and WFWF 3.11 from scratch, I assume it will work, but then
how do I install the Mwave and display drivers?

I wasn't too blown away with the problem until I called IBM's
"help center".  The gal I spoke to refused to help at all saying
IBM doesn't support and has "never attempted to run" WFWF on
this "particular model".  She told me I would have to call Microsoft
for help.  This pissed me off even more.  Can anyone help me?
I'd appreciate any feedback.  Thanks.

                    _\//__
     --Sandy       / _  _ \
         | InterNet : sandy@sandy.com |