Windows95?

I installed Win 95 on a 755 CD with no problems.  It works like a charm,
though it doesn't support the Mwave audio and telephony features.  I am using
Microsoft's "Preview" edition (build .347); I've heard that later builds like
400 and 490 support Mwave well enough.

If you are using build .347, be careful about installing in the same directory
as your Win 3.1 installation.  When I did that my Windows files got mucged and
I couldn't start the machine.  When Win 95 install asks for a directory,
specify a new directory such as C:\WIN95.  Again, later builds such as 490
probably handle this better, but it always pays to back up your disk before
installing pre-release OS software. :-)

Be seeing you...
--Lang
ITC Consulting Group           integrated communication consulting services
915 Cole Street #151           networks * publishing * training * design
San Francisco, CA 94117        +1 415 861 7688           itc@apocalypse.org