Re: Lower Price on 755CX

On Jun 20,  7:25pm, Joshua Hosseinoff wrote:
} Subject: Lower Price on 755CX
} This is a nice trick by IBM, make the DSP chip no longer standard so they
} can lower the price on the 755CX, and instead offer the DSP as an option.
} very sneaky.  I almost thought that the "DSP upgrade" meant a new DSP,
} but apparently not.

Right.  It looks like the same MWAVE DSP chip as is in some of the
other 755.  This is a bit sneaky, but you know, for those of us who
see the 755 as a neat Linux box, the scaled-down CX looks attractive,
because we can replace the unsupported sound/modem stuff by supported,
albeit external, stuff.

Eugene Fiume.