ThinkPad/Solaris

Item Subject: Message text
There's been some discussion about Solaris x86 recently.  Contrary to
another's post, my sources indicate that the $99 university price runs
through the end of the month.  My sources could, of course, be wrong.

In any event, I recently put Linux on a desktop machine and am quite
impressed with it.  I might eventually get around to putting it on my
ThinkPad, but that's going to be a lot more work what with my PCMCIA
modem and 3Com Ethernet card.

Does anyone know if Solaris x86 gets along with ThinkPads, specifically
the TP 750?  If so, do PCMCIA and the X-server set up fairly easily?
Also, how much drive space does one need?

I'll probably just go to Linux, but we just put in a bunch of Suns here
at school, so Solaris x86 might be something worth looking into.  One of
my professors tells me that programs written for Solaris for Sparc are
source compatible with Solaris x86.  He just bought a PC for that
purpose (a real screamer, too: 100MHz Pentium, Imagine 128; but I
digress).

In any event, I would appreciate any info on Solaris x86 on ThinkPads.

Wesley Dunaway