Re: does anyone have list price of 1.2 gig drive handy?

At 01:57 PM 6/20/95 EDT, you wrote:
>On Mon, 19 Jun 1995 22:22:36 -0700 (PDT) Mehdi Attaran wrote:
>
>>apps run much faster and more reliable. I have never seen better performance
>>from our 3C589 PCMCIA network cards (which are running in 32-bit mode), and
>
>PCMCIA slots are 16-bit.  How do you get the cards running in 32-bit mode?

yes, the hardware pcmcia hardware is 16bit.  i think the person above is
referring to the driver being a 32-bit OS driver....  in other words, the
windows kernel does not have to drop out of 32bit protected mode (and into
16bit "real" mode) on a 386/486/Pentium every time it wants to do I/O with
the ethernet board.

(of course, Linux is "32-bit" throughout and never did any junk like this in
the first place, but then Linux never tried to run on a 286 like Win31)

---------
Todd Tannenbaum
CAE Model Advanced Facility
email: tannenba@engr.wisc.edu  ph: 608-262-3118