Re: sound from CD-ROM

On Fri, 9 Jun 1995, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> on a sad note, the panasonic PCMCIA CD-ROM does _NOT_ work with Windows 95. :-(

I'm curious if anyone tried this:

Start out with Win 3.1.  Install the driver for the CD-ROM.  Install
Win95 from the CD.

I remember reading somewhere that if Win95 doesn't have a driver for a
particular device, it will revert to the Win3.1 driver for the device.
Would doing the install through the device (and thus already making it a
part of your hardware) force the system to use the old driver??

Randy A. Riddle

--------- > Todd Tannenbaum > CAE Model Advanced Facility