Re: ThinkPad "Next Generation"

At 09:06 AM 6/6/95 -0400, you wrote:
>I would guess that it is unrealistic to expect any major technology
>in thinkpads this year. Instead I would expect the following:
>
>  120MHz Pentium models
>  better video performance
>  larger disks and maybe memory
>  CDROM version of the CX
>  Pentium version of the 701
>
>any other suggestions ...

YES!

1)
I would love to see local bus slots in the docking stations!
VESA or PCI, either would do.... currently all docking stations just have
16bit ISA slots, even though the thinkpad itself does have VESA localbus
(for internal video and hard disk).

2)
I'd like to see some kind of hardware MPEG playback built-in to the internal
video chipset.  These are getting real cheap.

3)
Release of the long-awaited 28.8Kbaud modem program for MWAVE.

4)
Oh, and drivers (mwave, etc) for Windows95, Windows NT would be nice.
Drivers for Linux would also be nice (although its just a dream).

just my $.02, Todd

---------
Todd Tannenbaum
CAE Model Advanced Facility