Re: Is there a TP701 list?

On Tue, 6 Jun 1995, John H. Kim wrote:

> >> Is there a mailing list for the Model 701 Thinkpad?
> >
> >Hrmm....let's rename the list to tp7xx ?
>
> It might be time for a comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad group.  I just went
> through the new newsgroup creation process for a couple fishing groups
> and except for the time to write a proposal and monitor news.groups,
> it isn't all that difficult.  I have all the FAQs and guides for
> creating a newsgroup if anyone is willing to take it up.  I'd do it
> except I have plenty of other things to occupy my time.

NO!  This group seems pretty small ....the traffic is really light...
even when discussion is heavy (...as I've said before)...this is
really a niche group and really does not call for a newsgroup.

In addition, there's also the fact that news just isn't all that
reliable and not everyone will get every message.  Mail is much
more reliable.

                                            http://www.interport.net/~alster/
                  alster@mindvox.phantom.com\\interport.net\\chewy.wookie.net