Re: PCMCIA CD-ROM

On Fri, 19 May 1995 11:51:36 -0400 stevens@watson.ibm.com wrote:

>Hi, I was wondering what the consensus was on the best CD-ROM drive
>that will plug into my PCMCIA slot.  I notice that Panasonic has a
>2X drive with PCMCIA card for $290.  Has anybody successfully hooked
>this one up to a 750C?

I have had good success using the adaptec 460 PCMCIA->SCSI and a NEC 3xe

It seems to run fine, I only have one issue.  You must have the card in and the drive on at bootup.  This means that I cannot suspend or Hibernate or I loose the drive.

I know, picky - picky.
Stephen Hosmer
shosmer@ibm.net

Does anybody want to buy this 750C?