Replacement HD

I am on the horns of a dilemma....

I've decided that I absolutely can't live with this 170M anymore. So time
to replace this HD. I'm gonna buy a 2.5 and put it in the plastic case. I
guess I'll pawn my 2.5 off on someone somewhere...

So in the course of looking around, I found a Toshiba 810M for $615!
Except, it's 19mm high. Oops. The IBM in the case is 17mm and fills the
case. I can get the Toshiba 540M for $540 and it's just 12mm high, but
paying $1 a M chafes me, and I think I would outgrow it eventually. I'd
like this drive to last me the life of the 'Pad...

Toshiba apparently has two models of 2.5 drives, the "V" series (the
MK1926FCV is the 815M version) are 12.7mm high, the others (the MK2628FC
is the 810 Worldwide Technologies has) are 19mm.

Anyone done this little surgery with a slightly larger drive? The IBM
810M drive appears to be about $800, so it's a respectable price savings.
I haven't found a price on the Toshiba V series yet....