Re: Parallel port sound card?

On Thu, 20 Apr 95 08:39:57 -0400 you wrote:

>stop telling me I don't get sound with Doom on a 755C. I am running the
>original shareware episode on my 755C in a DOS full window with full
>sound.

I've got a TP750.

1) I've never gotten Doom's sound (digital or music) working under DOS.

2) I've gotten Doom's music to work in an OS/2 DOS box.  Digital sound
   is PC-speaker only because ...

3) Doom's digital audio routines are broken -- it doesn't work on
   virtually all OS/2 machines, and in some DOS machines.  Has anyone
   looked into a possible relationship between this and the sound
   problems Doom has on the TP?  Or are they unrelated?

3a) Doom's digital audio worked under OS/2 back with version 1.1 and 1.2.
    Has anyone tried these older versions on the TP?
| | John H. Kim          "Just try telling the IRS you don't feel like    |
| | jokim@mit.edu        'contributing' this year come April" - Bob Dole  |
| | jokim@uni.uiuc.edu   on Bill Clinton's avoidance of the word "taxes." |