Win95/TP755CE CRT resolution ?

Anyone know how to get Win95 Final Beta to recognize the TP 755CE WD
Display Controller correctly so that resolution switching for external
CRT's may function ?

I have it working at 640x480, all other Plug n Play BIOS features are
cool, hot docking etc.  The Device Manager reports that the
controller is "Not Functioning Correctly" in any config, even though it works.
Auto Device Detect shows two controllers, deleting one has no effect, but neither
controller will allow any resolution change. It's *too* helpful, preventing
device parameter changes while they are "Conflicting or Not available".
Yes, I selected External CRT in the TP Display control panel.

An MS Knowledge Base article ( Q124267 ) reports that some thinkpads need to have
the VESA BIOS enabled, I have that enabled (since it's in ROM anyway) and it's
mentioned in system.ini (EnableVESABios=). Soewhere in the mists on
Compuserve in the TP Forum there was a brief mention of deleting the
wdvga.drv and replacing it with something else, doesn't sound right though...

I've looked on the Microsoft Network, Compuserve and the PCCO BBS, no joy.

Comments or thoughts are appreciated !

geoff