PC DOS 7.0--Missing Files

I've just discovered that PC DOS 7.0 lacks some utilities--e.g., "JOIN"--
and have been told they're available from BBS or CompuServe.

Anyone have a U.S. BBS number?

Given the software they put on the machine, including commercial stuff
for AOL etc. that doesn't run unless you get a subscription, I think
making people contact BBS systems or CIS is not very user friendly.

There were some software offers with the T-Pad a friend of mine got
that required him to download software by a certain date or lose the
opportunity.  It turned out it would take 45 minutes (or 30) per
file to download the four files needed--and he happened to be in
California and the BBS was on the East Coast.

If I get one of these things will it do any good to negotiate for
complete software?

Thanks

Annelise