Re: Flash Cards

> suffer a relatively short read/write cycle life.  In other words, after awhi
> you're going to wear out the card.  I'm not sure what the lifespan is, but it
> is quite long.  The PCMCIA bios also circulates data across the FLASH sectors
> to distribute the read/write usage.
>
> Robert

	All ofthe major vendors of Flash Memory cards (which are usually
all built by either Intel or Sun (I think its Sun)) offer "Lifetime"
warranties.  Nobody has actually reported their flash card "wearing out"
by normal use, so realistically speaking, one need not worry about
the card's lifespan.  It will be long obsolete before it has a chance
to wear out--which isn't likely to be in yours or my lifetime.

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu                |   Practice random acts  |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!) |        of senseless     |
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm          |       viol...err..      |
    right, they should be yours too.)           |         kindness!       |