Re: Keyboard problems

From: D. Gwyn Jones      Fileshare 2 development, Products Group.
      DGJ at NWB, GBHFFWHF at IBMMAIL, e-mail: dgj@mfltd.co.uk
Subject: Re: Keyboard problems

> I've had a 755CE a couple weeks now and while overall it's extremely
> impressive every now and then it drops a char from those typed to it
> on its keyboard.  This isn't 100% reproducable, but it is to some
> extent.  It's almost as if the keyboard scan clock needs to be
> running a bit faster, or so it seems.  This happens both in dos and
> windows and it doesn't matter what application software is running.

I've always had a similar problem with my 755C. However, I'm convinced it
only happens when using an external keyboard. I'm using one of IBM's little
T-jack things which allows both an external mouse and keyboard to be plugged
into the single socket next the PCMCIA card slot.

I can't reproduce it at will, but I most definitely know when it's happened!

Regards, Gwyn.        Micro Focus Ltd          Tel. (44) (0)1635 565294
                      26 West Street           Fax. (44) (0)1635 565567
Extension 5294        Newbury RG13 1JT U.K.