Re: battery switching?

> At 06:26 PM 2/4/95 -0800, Randal Whittle wrote:
> >	Am I mistaken in thinking that the ThinkPad 75x series doesn't
> >support more than one battery at a time?
>
> My understanding is that the floppy can be removed and a second battery can
> take its place.

	Unless they changed some functionality in the 755 series, I know the
750 series cannot do this.  The NEC Versa can do it, as can a couple
of others now--perhaps the newest IBM ThinkPad machines (I don't know),
but the 750's--nada.

	I guess you can call tech support or something and ask what the
part number is for the floppy-bay-battery is.  It would have to be different,
since the regular battery (in the middle) certainly doesn't fit, let alone
have the proper connector to do so.

	It would have been a great thing to have, but this was one area
that IBM didn't seize--choosing instead to make TV Tuners, Cellular Modems,
and the like to go there.  ;)

	Anyone on the list want to confirm or deny this?

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       Y'know, Tuna just      |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)|    doesn't taste the same    |
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm         |      since they took the     |
    right, they should be yours too.)          |          Dolphin out!        |