Re: Parallel CD-Rom drives

On Sat, 4 Feb 1995, Rohan Davidson wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with Parallel CD-Roms.  I've found myself
> in the need for C++ and my little 170 drive doesn't quite have the 125Meg
> spare it needs.
>
> I can get a very good price on a M3030 2x "Beethoven SuperSpin" parallel
> passthrough drive.  I've never heard of them before, but the price is a
> dealer price and about $200 less than a Backpack.

I have a Sydos 1x I bought on the net for $100. Works fine, but is butt slow.
However, for CD ROM installs it's _still_ faster than floppy swap. Dunno
if I'd want to run the compiler off it though. If you can, scan the
forsale groups for PARALLEL (cap B in tin) - there may be more out there.

Donald Alan Whiteside			School of Computer Science
       Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
       GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
    I am NSA of Borg: your private key will be assimilated.