The constant battle to upgrade....:(

Well...I figured a new job merited an upgrade from my puny 170MB hd to at
least a 340MB. As of 1/25/94, here are the prices I got from Sigma Data
on their OEM TP750 drives:
340MB - $595
540MB - $895.
810MB - Are you serious? I can't even afford the 340mb. Didn't even ask.

So then I saw an ad in Processor...from U.S.A INC. The ad said:
344 H/D for Thinkpad W/Case $399
540 H/D for Thinkpad W/Case $540

I called, and asked for the current prices. I was told:
340MB W/Case - $425
540MB W/Case - $625

Skeptical....I asked for the IBM part #'s. He told me his system was down
and to call him back in 20 min. I did, and got the following part #'s
from him:

340MB W/Case : 60G2689
540MB W/Case : 60G2698

I asked him who made the drives... 'I have no idea.'

So, I called IBM to find out what those part #'s were for:
60G2689 : Unknown to PC Direct. Same with the other one.

While on the line, I got the price for the 340MB drive, part # 66G2849:
$935. That should erase all doubt as to the value of the Sigma Drives....

Anyone want to call the parts center and see what they are? I have lost
the #, and the part # for the cat's tounges....so a repost of them would
be great.

Hal