Re: External Battery for TP Family?

On Sun, 22 Jan 1995, Skip Kilsdonk wrote:

> These batterys were originally available exclusively in the Mac world for
> PowerBooks and Duo's.  There were three suppliers: Technoogin, VST and
> BTI.  Now I see BTI is offering several models for PC/Windows machines.
> These are very THIN, lead acid batterys that supposedly will add 3-8 hours
> to the life of the notebook battery.  Seems to me that it would be great
> for travel .. and the thinness of the battery makes it ideal for carrying
> in your briefcase.
>
> Anybody have any knowledge of these?

No, but it wouldn't be a big achievement, although the 18v the Pad
requires is a little high. The hardest thing would probably be finding
the plug.

not a bad idea, either. A notebook sized thin battery wouldn't be any
harder to carry around for me than the additional batt I have now.....
Hmmph. Anyone want to make them and sell me one?