Re: TP755C/CE differences?

>Sorry I misread the "755 Notebook" (which is IBM's promo material) the
>CE does _NOT_ have the video in/out but does have the enhanced color display.
>
>Basically you get a CE for the better sound and the better color.
>
>--Chuck

over the 755C, the CE also has (so says the literature; i personally
have not experienced a CE, i own a 750C):
  * wireless infrared to transfer files to/from other infrared devices.
     this includes other new thinkpads, sharp wizards, various PIMs
     with optional infrared like newtons, etc.  soon there will be
     several "infrared connectors" for printers, etc.  no more cables.
  * "black matrix" LCD screen, which supposedly allows you to easily
     view the screen in outdoor sunlight (the active matrix on the
     750C & 755C is excellent but it is very hard to use outdoors)
  * improved Trackpoint III
  * 1.44 disk drive (vs the 2.88 in the 750 & 755C)
  * internal strero speakers (the 750/755C have a stereo output jack but
    only one speaker internal)
  * DX4/100
and the major previously mentioned features:
  * 65,000 simultanous colors (vs 256)
  * Mwave DSP chip, which supposedly gives:
      1. true 100% Soundblaster register-level compatibility for DOS apps
          (the 750/755C sound is very good, but is not Soundblaster compatible
           for DOS-extender games, which is unfortunately most of the new
           DOS games out there.  basically, the 750/755C sound is only
           compatible/usefull for native Windows & OS/2 apps, cause they
           have hardware-abstration drivers).
      2. WAVETABLE sound.  i.e. better than FM synthesis.  i.e. sounds
           much better than a soundblaster or soundblaster 16.
      3. emulates a 28.8 modem.  saves you from having to purchase one and
           use a pcmcia slot.

---------
Todd Tannenbaum
CAE Model Advanced Facility