Re: Thinkpad: cat's tongue

On Wed, 18 Jan 1995, Karl Yeanoplos wrote:

> Anyone have the IBM part number for the new textured TrackPoint caps
> (cat's tongue)?  The caps can be ordered through Lexmark, but they
> charge a fee (!) for looking the part number up for you.

"Lexmark, may I help you?"
"Yes, I'm interested in ordering some replacement covers for my Thinkpad
Trackpoint."
"Part number please?"
"I don't have the part number, is it really necessary?"
"Yes sir, it is."
"Hmm.. can you look it up for me?"
"Certainly sir. I must inform you that there is a $5 lookup fee."
"$5 to look up a number? That's insane! Are you serious?"
"No sir, there's a $10 fee for that. And rightous indignation has a 5%
surcharge. If you'd like to terminate this call, please provide me a
credit card number for the 51 constinants, 40 vowels, 2 special characters
and 1 number spoken during this call."
<click><buzz>
"Hello? Sir? I'll have to add a dialtone charge to your bill....."

Donald Alan Whiteside			School of Computer Science
       Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1994
    GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
    I am NSA of Borg: your private key will be assimilated.