Re: OS/2: Mouse/APM update

> There was some discussion of APM problems with WARP in the past on this
> mailing list. Can someone confirm this?

I had previously reported (and a few others have confirmed) a suspend/resume
problem under Warp which ultimately turned out to be related to the use of
a power-on password.  Once the password was disabled, however, all was well -
including the abililty to access PCMCIA cards immediately following a suspend.
Since saying adios to my power-on password, I've had no trouble at all.

> I called IBM today and they suggested that PCMCIA / APM was a problem with
> WARP. In fact they told me to comment out APM.SYS and VAPM.SYS!

Strange, as the power-on password workaround also came directly from IBM.
In fact, I logged a PMR with OS/2 tech support relative to suspend/resume
problems which was eventually closed out as being non-reproducible.  (This
due to the fact that they were not using a power-on password).

If there is some underlying problem with APM.SYS, I don't seem to be
experiencing it.  Please keep us posted...

-key

  Karl E. Yeanoplos		|   kyeanopl@den.mmc.com
  Martin Marietta Corp.		|
  P.O. Box 179/M.S. 5451	|   Compuserve: 73741,453
  Denver, CO. 80201    		|