Re: 2.88 Meg Floppy Woes

Robert,

I recently upgraded my kernel to 1.1.59 and everything seemed to
work "right out of the box" except for the floppy drive.  To get
the floppy drive to work I changed one line of the driver floppy.c
before compiling the new kernel.  The old and new lines are given
below and are located around line 500 of the code in the routine
static int disk_change(int drive).

/*
 * changed next line for TP750
 * old line:
 *      if(inb_p(FD_DIR) & 0x80){
 */
        if(!(inb_p(FD_DIR)) & 0x80){

This seems to have done the trick although I have not tested it too
thoroughly.  If anyone has any other suggestions or corrections
please enlighten me.  Hope this helps.

John Otto
jo@simeon.mit.edu