QUES: Imigosh! A MAC!!!

	Okay folks--you all know how much I love my ThinkPad, but I
am considering making a serious platform change.

	A Power Macintosh.

	I stumbled into having (sort of) a Classic II over the last few
days, and though I'd *never* trade in any of my PC equipment for one
of these underpowered pieces of junk, the higher-end Macs are awfully
yummy... ;)

	Needless to say, if I *do* switch over, I will have to maintain
a good degree compatibility with Dos/Win systems, as that is where all of
my software (and virtually the rest of the entire world) is located.

	I'll definitely keep my ThinkPad (indefinitely) and perhaps even
my desktop PC for some amount of time (though I'll be robbing it for parts,
so there won't be much left), but ultimately, will probably come to rely
on either SoftWindows emulation or a Houdini II card (486-DX2 chip on
a card) for most of my DOS/Win stuff.  For the most part, I'll try to
gravitate to native PPC apps though.

	I just think that Intel may be heading for a dead end--CISC
chip technology is aging, and though we don't know what architecture the
P6 will use yet, I'm guessing it will be yet another CISC chip.

	And I'm very impressed with the Mac OS.  I've always been a
naysayer and skeptical toward Macs, but it is clear to me that they are
the only ones that *really* do the object-oriented GUI *right*.

	Comments, anyone?  I haven't bought a machine just yet...

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       Y'know, Tuna just      |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)|    doesn't taste the same    |
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm         |      since they took the     |
    right, they should be yours too.)          |          Dolphin out!        |