Re: OS2: Warp and TP750 mono

  On Wed, 21 Dec 1994, John Kim writes:

> Flipping a DOS Windowed session to full screen corrupts the display.
> 2/3rds of the way down, I get a section of the top of the screen repeated
> over and over.  The problem doesn't happen with a DOS Full screen
> session flipped to a Windowed session.

> Oh, I have the DevCon version which means I don't have a manual.
> If there are specific instructions for the Thinkpads given in the
> manual, I'd like to know.

John -

There is mention in the Warp User's Guide of video corruption when using
a TP750 with a monochrome LCD display.  I believe the recommended fix is
to install the OS/2 video drivers off the Thinkpad Video Features Disk.

I would be happy to forward the appropriate pages out of the manual, but
there might be a better way...

I recall a few recent posts from Wes Dunaway in which he describes the
same sort of trouble on a machine similar to yours.  I think he was
finally able to resolve the problem through the use of different video
drivers, possibly those off the latest Video Features Disk.  In any
event, I think Wes will be able to help you here.

Are you listening, Wes??

  Karl E. Yeanoplos		|   kyeanopl@den.mmc.com
  Martin Marietta Corp.		|
  P.O. Box 179/M.S. 5451	|   Compuserve: 73741,453
  Denver, CO. 80201    		|