Re: OS2 RE: WARP: Networking

> > If I can get dialup SLIP access through my uni, will warp do it's thing
> > for me?
>    Yes.  But VJ compression (a form of CSLIP) is not supported and PPP
>    isn't supported.  Everyone supports SLIP.

Uh, are you sure about this? It was my understanding that the IBM
slip driver does use VJ compression (optionally of course.) Or at
least it does in TCP/IP 2.0. I set up a SLIP link with that package
under OS/2 2.1 and VJ compression was an option. I believe the SLIP
support in WARP is basically TCP/IP 2.0 with only the SLIP drivers.
Unless they've taken pains to hack out the VJ support it should be
in there.

--Bruce