Re: Leaving screen on. . .

> I have a TP755Cs.
>
> Is it okay to leave my tp running even though if I'm not using it?  I
> mean, is that bad for the screen or the entire system?  I know with
> desktop machines, it's okay to leave the cpu turned on but should turn the
> monitor off if you're going to be away from the computer for a while.
> Is this also true for notebooks?

	Nope.  Your screen is an LCD--LCD's don't suffer from "burn-in"
the way CRT's can.  There is no harm in leaving it on.

	That said, I still, at the very least, turn my screen off (hit
FN+F3) when I leave my computer running for an extended period of time.
The reason is that although your LCD screen won't burn in, presumably
that backlight in your screen can burn *out*.  I don't know anyone who
has had this happen to them, but just the same...I'd rather conserve it
as best I can.

	But there's no need to be paranoid here...

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       Y'know, Tuna just      |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)|    doesn't taste the same    |
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm         |      since they took the     |
    right, they should be yours too.)          |          Dolphin out!        |