Socketed 750 CPU's

>     The 755C 50 Mhz is indeed a DX2 chip (just checked my specs to make
> sure), the 75Mhz is a DX4.
>
>    That would be me, the 755 does have a daughterboard for the CPU.  I have
> the upgrade to make my 50Mhz a 75Mhz still in the box (plan to upgrade it
> soon  :-)) and it is a daughterboard.

Gary,
     Could you look on the daughtercard and see if there is a voltage
regulator?  As I mentioned earlier, the DX2 is a 5 volt chip, the DX4 is a
3.3 volt chip.  The only thing that would explain this mess is if they supply
5 volts to the daughtercard, and put a voltage regulator on the DX4
daughtercard.

| Robert George            |  Army Research Laboratory              |
| robertg@assb01.arl.mil   |  AMSRL-SS-IC                           |
| Voice: (408) 656-3316    |  2800 Powder Mill Road                 |
| Fax:   (408) 656-2814    |  Adelphi, MD 20783-1197                |

A designer knows when he has achieved perfection not when there is
        -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery