Re: Socketed 750 CPU's

> "Theoretically, you *should* be able to replace the cpu with a DX4-100 chip
>
> be careful, this means changing the fundamental external clock speed from
> 25MHz to 33 MHz, which of course is aquite independent of socketed CPU's.
>
> However, the original announcement of the 750 said that it would be
> available with 100 MHz chips, so this may be possible.

	WAITAMINNUT!  I keep getting told that the 750's (Not the 755's or
anything--speaking only of the 750's here) are *not* upgradable in their
processing speed whatsoever.

	When did this suddenly change, or was I misled in the first place?

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |  Some guy hit my fender the  |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)|other day, and I said unto him|
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm         |  "Be fruitful and multiply." |
    right, they should be yours too.)          |   --but not in those words.  |