X11R6 XF86Config: has anyone succeeded yet?

Ok... I know I can't be the only TP755 user out there who got tired of messyDos
and switched to Linux.  I was running X11R5 quite happily until I recently tried
to upgrade to X11R6.  The X11 config file was renamed from Xconfig to XF86Config,
but more importantly the contents and structure have changed....  If someone out
there has a working XF86Config, please post or email.

On a related subject, does anyone know the Horizontal and Vertical scan rates for
the TP755C (active matrix) screen?  I think the Horizontal is 28.3 Mhz, but I don't
know what the vertical is.  This info in necessary to configure X11R6 under Linux.
Any help would be appreciated.  Does a technical ref manual exist for the TP755C?
Perhaps that would have the info I need..... (all the video specs, actually...)

-Lee
lee@tcs.com