PCMCIA and Linux (Again...)

Well, it's me again...

I have a megahertz XJ2144 and when i first got the modem, I installed
the pcmcia drivers for linux and things were great.  I upgraded to
v1.1.55 and then 1.159 (the floppy drivers work great) but then found
that cardmgr would not recognize the Modem and instead would load
the pcmem modules instead...
The modem works under DOS.

I have tried everything i can think of.  I rebuilt the 1.1.45 kernel,
no luck, upgraded to 1.1.49 and lo luck (this is what i was running before)
recompiled the modules, the pcmcia drivers (both versions 2.2.2 and 2.2.3)
I've also tried kernels 1.1.52, 55 and 59 to no avail...

It seems as if it can't get the correct info from the modem.  If i try to
force the load up of serial_cs as the module, it get's loaded but the
modem is not recognized...

Please Help :( I'm really going nuts in here... Hot swapping and others...
BTW if i remove the card, cardmgr recognizes this and removes the pcmem module,
but as i reinsert, it loads the pcmem driver again!

Thanks in advance...

Art

(ajm1@mit.edu)