Re: Portable CD ROM with TP755

On Wed, 5 Oct 1994, Sam Warwick wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good portable CD-ROM drive that can be used
> with a TP755 in OS/2 and Windows?

  As far as I know, there are two PORTABLE CD-ROM drives, NEC 3Xp and
  Zenith Z-Player. The Zenith Z-Player needs a Type-II PCMCIA slot. So,
  I'm not sure it will work under OS/2 or not.
  I really think the question is how to connect your CD-ROM drive to
  your TP755 if you plan to use PCMCIA SCSI card. I use Dock I to connect
  my CD-ROM drive, and it works great in OS/2 and Windows. Of course,
  you could get a Dock I with optional CD-ROM drive.
  Just a question come into my mind, that is why IBM don't have their
  PCMCIA SCSI card (of course, it should be OS/2 supported)? Recently,
  IBM just announces their audio card (the only audio card can work in
  OS/2 so far), but how about the SCSI card? Hope I can see one in the
  near future:-) Does anyone know why?

  -yc