Re: stacked ramdisk

> has anyone tried putting windows in a stacked ramdisk? is this possible?
> Edmund.

	I haven't tried doing it--and I wouldn't, unless I had a veritable
*buttload* of memory.  If you use up all of it putting Windows on a RAM
disk its sort of self-defeating because Windows will immediately start
swapping to disk.

	Then there's the time of when you boot up, copying everything to the
RAM disk, and when you're done, re-copying everything back to the hard
drive before shutdown (otherwise you'd lose all modifications in .INI files,
etc.).

	Too much trouble, if you ask me...

-----
Randy Whittle    whittle@chaph.usc.edu         |   My opinions are mine, but  |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)| since I'm right, they should |
 (How's this for a snotty .sig?  Well, I guess |         be yours too.        |
  it's better than an ASCII of a nude woman!)