Communications software

>	I should have been clearer about exactly what troubles I
>am having with Crosstalk.  I can get the modem and the software to
>work together, but some of the scripts don't work and Crosstalk
>will occasionally lock-up my machine.

Perhaps you should try Kermit, which is free via anonymous FTP from
watsun.cc.columbia.edu.  I have had the most luck with this software
as opposed to other stuff like Windows "Terminal" or the one which
came with the modem ("COMit" or something).

Of course, although Kermit is free, you have to buy the documentation
at a bookstore (around $30, but well worth it).

--andy