xmodmap and X on thinkpad

Adrian F. Clark (alien@essex.ac.uk) wrote:

> Oh: if anyone figures out a way of using xmodmap (or anything else) to
> intercha nge the Ctrl and Caps lock keys, please let me know too!

Well, I have a ThinkPad 500 that I'm going to install Linux on this
week, and one of my main reasons to install X with it would be just to
be able to make this key switch.  I'm not sure if by your question you
mean that you've already tried the standard way of doing it through
xmodmap and that doesn't work, or what?  If this is so, then I'm
distressed.  If you are just looking for how to do it on any X windows
system, below is the file that give to xmodmap to make the switch, and
it has always worked fine for me on the various workstations I've
used.  Have you already tried this?

Tom Green
tmgreen@mit.edu

P.S.  If anyone out there has installed Linux on a TP500 I'd be
curious to know if you have any crucial advice to give me before I try
to tackle it alone.

!
! Swap Caps_Lock and Control_L
!